Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Week 2- Life with Pipes and Lil

Sunday- June 22

Today Piper met her Grandma Cherie and Aunt Kya for the first time. We had a great day laughing and playing with them. Kya and Lillian enjoyed swimming in the pool and eating popscicles. Kya always ask " is Lillian a toddler yet?" And finally we were able to say yes....the two entertained each other for hours...Kya is a great aunt to have. Grandma Cherie was able to cuddle and rock both Lillian and Piper and put them down for nap. Which gave mommy and daddy a break. :)





Monday- June 23, 2014

Today started out a bit rough. Of course both of my young beauties woke up at the same time again :) which is super tough because both demand breakfast asap. While I was nursing Piper I watched my little toddler run around the house with her care bear stuffed animal in her cute little pj's. As I'm admiring her I see her start to crawl on the tile floor she thought this was hilarious until she slipped and busted her lip on the tile floor. As I mentioned above I was nursing Piper which is not easy to stop right away. Lillian began crying and blood filled her mouth. I immediately jumped up with Piper and began cuddling both girls. Whoa was it tough one.....


Tuesday- June 24, 2014

Today was a great day with the two littles. This morning my patient little toddler read books to herself as I nursed her sister. Afterwards mommy and Lilly were able to enjoy some quality time together while Piper napped. As I mentioned before Lillian is learning her colors and the animals from Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See. And today we were able to create a yellow duck. we sand 5 little ducks and made a duck mask.  I must say I enjoy these little moments so much more now that my time is split between the two girls.  Afterwards we went outside go enjoy the sunshine and puppy dogs. Lillian loves her Jade so Mich even though she barks and wakes us up from a nap like every day :( Her afternoon activity consisted of putting pipe cleaners through a collander. This was challenging but great for her fine motor skills.





Wednesday- June 25, 2014

Today my sweet little girl held her little sister for the first time. Since Piper came home I have asked Lil everyday if she wanted to hold her and she always says no no no. Well today she finally said yes. Oh how I love my two sweet girls.

 Also today was a little dinner crazy... Wes had clinical and is usually home pretty late like around 8. Lillian is usally getting a bath and going to bed around then. Well as I was preparing dinner I realized that Lillian was probably not going to eat anything I prepared. (She's super picky) so I pulled out some frozen meatballs. As she was grabbing them out of the bag (my little helper) she decided to take a bite of one. FROZEN.... Well needless to say all she ate for dinner that night was 1 frozen meatball. She ate the whole thing. I cooked three others but they went untouched. #gross haha so as you see below this is a picture of my little nugget eating a frozen fully cooked meatball!


Thursday - June 26, 2014

How to entertain an 18 month old :)

Let her paint with cotton balls.


Put painters tape all over the room and watch as she carefully peels off each and every piece.


Let her play in the rain....the pool was all rain water...gross but entertaining. And did I mention she was fully clothed? :)

Friday- June 27, 2014

Today was a sad day for little miss Piper. She had to take a trip with mom to the doctor for her two week check up. And boy did she grow! Pipes loves to eat and was 7 pounds 15 onces at her 1 week visit and today she was a whopping 9 pounds even! The doctor, the nurses, and I were amazed.

After the good news came the bad...we had to march downstairs for a lab draw....poor baby had to get her foot stuck and boy did she scream. It was just routine newborn labs so hopefully every thing check out fine.

While at the doctor Lillian went to daycare for a few hours and enjoyed being a little chef with her friends.




Saturday- June 28, 2014

Play time and cuddles :)



No comments:

Post a Comment