Since Easter, the Lord has truly been doing some amazing things in our lives. We are so thankful for what the Lord has done and are continually in prayer for the opportunities he will give us in the future.
1. After a lot of prayer and advice, Wes has decided to go to nursing school in Texas. Although he was pursuing a paramedic degree he found out that a nursing degree opens a lot more doors for him in the future. Wes has been working SUPER hard to get registered for the classes that he needs in TX in order to complete the accelerated nursing program next summer. Please continue praying with us as he embarks on this nursing journey for the next two years. We trust that the Lord will provide however please pray that the Lord will work out our finances for Wes and I to live but also for him to complete his degree in a timely manner. Also, please pray that Wes will be able to have the endurance to study and that he will be able to retain the knowledge when it is time to complete his tests.
2. Wes completed his EMT classes and his taking his EMT certification test Monday June 21, 2012. Again, please join us in prayer for him as he works a full time job, takes summer college classes online from TX, and is studying for his EMT certification test.
3. CRAIGS LIST- yes we are thankful for craigslist because it helps us make money :) One day we were visiting with another married couple that recently moved to Jax, and they suggested that we should sell the furniture that we do not like very much on craigs list. The wife also suggested that we do it early so that if we need to lower the price after a few weeks we could instead of doing it right before we move. Well I thought it was a great idea since most of the furniture that we had was mine before we moved together after we were married. I have always felt like we never got to pick out things that we both liked for our new home since I already had most of it. As soon as I got home that Sunday afternoon in APRIL I took pictures of all of our things and posted them onto Craigs list around 2:00. I laid down for an afternoon nap and by 5:00 we had 20 EMAILS from other people saying they wanted to pick up our stuff that night. We had no idea it would sell that fast, so after it was all said and done our dining room table was gone along with our coffee table and end tables. We had no table to eat on for two months!!!! OH NOOO!!! haha well my strong handsome husband decided to move a file cabinet that we got for free from craigs list a few months back into the living room as our dinner table. And that's how we ate dinner together every night UNTIL......Wes sold the file cabinet for $40 off craigs list. We then found ourselves in a predicament with nothing to eat off us. We thought maybe we could eat off of the dog kennels but that didn't work since they are not really a flat surface :)
Well in the mean time, Wes's friend found a large round chair on the side of road and gave it to us.....yes I know what your thinking...."I thought you guys were trying to get rid of furniture" but don't think that until you sit in this amazing chair. I took a 2 hour nap in it the first day Wes brought it home. The chair has now become one of favorite spots to sit and spend time together after work or on the weekends. We love to lay in it and watch movies or just lay and talk. It's defiantly a keeper!
THE ONE AND THE ONLY BROWN ROUND CHAIR
Maybe you're wondering what we have been eating on all this time since we have no tables. We don't fret because let's just say we love garage sells too. A couple of weekends ago our apartment complex was having a garage sell and I decided to ride my bike around to see if there was anything worth buying. And of course I found something that I absolutely loved. It was an old antique dresser that had been painted dark green. I loved it the moment I saw it and Wes approved :) We decided to turn the dresser into our new entertainment center and move our old entertainment center into the middle of the room as our new coffee/dining room table. So we are eating on our old entertainment center that we posted on craigs list but haven't sold yet :) THE ANTIQUE ENTERTAINMENT DRESSER
4. Wes and I have begun packing up our apartment and are looking forward to moving to Houston in about 3 weeks. Please continue praying for us as we wrap things up here in Jacksonville. I am planning on teaching until June 4.....my kids graduate from Kindergarten that day and Wes and I will begin our long journey to Texas on June 5. In the meantime, I will try to post another blog before the move :)


Your craigslist adventures crack me up! I hope we get to catch up this summer. :) Praying for y'all!
ReplyDeleteI love the one and only brown chair! lol Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDelete